Sunday, May 10, 2015

Staplewatch -- Oatmeal

[After reading accounts of various journalists and celebrities trying to live on a small food budget, it has become obvious that most of these people don't understand the concept of staples, defined here as low-cost, heavy-use items that will usually make up the bulk of your week's shopping. Over the next couple of weeks, I'm going to hit various grocery stores in the LA area and see what kind of bargains I can find.]

I took these pictures at a Vonn's in North Hollywood. I'm focusing on the shopper's viewpoint so I'm only using information that is available onsite. If I were approaching this as serious nutritional research, I'd probably use the USDA database.

Price with shopper's card:
$2.50

Servings:
30

Protein per serving:
5 g










No comments:

Post a Comment